Friday, May 26, 2006

Films and parenting. The two just don't mix.....

Way back in time, before we had Molly, Louise and I used to love going to the movies.
We'd see something at the cinema every week or so. Blockbusters, independents, anything as long as it had some good review behind it or we got the nod from our friends that it was worth seeing.

Fast forward to now.
We don't do movies anymore.
Actually, not quite true. I've seen quite a few movies at the cinema in the last 12 months.
Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire, Nanny McPhee, The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe, Sky High, Chicken Little, Herbie: Fully Loaded, Ice Age 2 and a few others I've forgotten.
Anyone spot the pattern?

I should have said we don't do grown-up movies anymore.
A combination of lack of time, lack of babysitters and lack of energy after a hard week of work and a hard week of parenting.
The answer I have stumbled upon is to treat Amazon's dvd rental service as if it were the movies. Get the new disc in the post, clear 2+ hours from the schedules, get the popcorn and beers out, dim the lights and sit back.
It works quite well & finally means I get to see the movies I keep missing at the cinema.

Last night I saw King Kong, (review of sorts to follow) & over the weekend it's In Her Shoes.
& then, seeing as it's half term, I may well be off to the cinema proper, not just the pretend cinema in our lounge. I think Molly wants to see The Wild and Curious George, but hopefully not both in the same day, that may just be too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment