Thursday, August 17, 2006

Osteopath - session 1

(always sounds vaguely threatening that - psychopath, sociopath, osteopath)

Today I had the first session with the osteopath to try and sort out the ongoing pain in my lower back which has been really bad recently.

Having never been to an osteopath I had no idea what to expect, but I have to say it wasn't bad at all. His surgery was lovely, all comfortable (yet firm!) seats, essential oils, aromatherapy smells and subdued lighting.

As I expected there was lots of moving limbs, applying pressure and vigorous popping and cracking noises coming from my back.
As bad as that all sounds, I have to say it works. The pop or crack is accompanied by a burst of pain but after that your body relaxes and it feels much better.

It appears I have a twisted pelvis, most likely causing all the problems I've had over the years.
Lovely.

The session ended with a very relaxing cranial type manipulation & massage.

I walked out of there feeling lots better.
Of course, by the time I did some shopping and wandered round Birmingham,all the pain was back, but I shouldn't expect miracles after just one session I suppose.
Next session in a weeks time. All the advice I've had so far says it usually takes 3-4 sessions to feel an effect. I do hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment