Monday, March 12, 2007

Mind wandering, freeform writing.......

Have seemingly spent the night staring at a scene doing absolutely bugger all.
Something, somewhere is sucking all the thoughts out of my head and rendering me a braindead wreck.
Or maybe I'm just tired, who knows.

Actually I know. Seeing as I went to bed at 1am last night, woke up at 7am this morning, then 7:05am, 7:10am, 7:15am, 7:20am, 7:25am, 7:30am, 7:35am, 7:40am before finally getting sick of the crappy alarm tone on the phone at 7:45am.
Molly meanwhile had reorganised her entire bedroom so that the children (her cuddly toys - I must get her to introduce you one day) are re-enacting the last Buffy episode she saw yesterday. Maybe we should be worried.

Anyway, tired for definite. Also had a very tiring day at school, mostly because I spent the day off and on staring at lines of html code. The school website is being hosted by East Riding Council and it's very strictly templated. It's also got an authoring program that makes it really, really hard to use html effectively. Which is a shame because to make it look anything other than a complete mess, you need html. Hence a very tired head from staring at html.

This afternoon after school it was a quick blast around Pocklington for Mother's Day inspiration. We have none.
Of course, I could blame Molly this year and explain to Lou that I left it all up to her, but somehow I don't think that's going to play out all too well.
Alternatively I could just go the trad route and get her a big bunch of flowers and a card from Molly. But we always try and do something really nice for Mother's Day from Molly and it seems a bit shit not to bother this year.
Will try to get creative tomorrow.

Spent part of tonight sitting in the pub wondering what on earth I had in common with a bunch of 30 and 40 something moms at the PTA meeting. Quickly concluded that I had nothing in common with them and tuned out of most of it. Twittering on and on about the school disco, summer fayre and stuff like that. Could easily have finished in ten minutes and accomplished as much as it took them an hour plus to do.

Currently listening to Alan Moore droning wonderfully on and on about magic and psychogeography on The Highbury Working and Snakes and Ladders, two cds I'm currently trying to work into a longer form review for Propaganda at FPI blog along with his wonderful book; A Disease of Language. But failing to really write anything because I keep drifting in and out of the audio and can't really concentrate on the reviewing.

So, instead of reviewing, I'm just flowing in this webpost and wondering, yet again, why it is that my mind only really starts properly functioning in any creative way at this time of night. Body says bedtime, brain say fuck off, let's do stuff. It's no wonder I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment