Joe at the FPI weblog has tagged me with a blogging meme. Usually these just get ignored, or forgotten, but since he asked so nicely (and publically!) here goes......
So, that's mine. It was going to be a contradictory mess:
It’s very simple. When this is passed on to you, copy the whole thing, skim the list and put a * star beside those that you like. (Check out especially the * starred ones.)
Add the next number (1. 2. 3. 4. 5., etc.) and write your own blogging tip for other bloggers. Try to make your tip general.
After that, tag 10 other people. Link love some friends!
Just think- if 10 people start this, the 10 people pass it onto another 10 people, you have 100 links already!
1. Look, read, and learn. ****
2. Be, EXCELLENT to each other. ******
3. Don’t let money change ya! ***
4. Always reply to your comments. *****
5. Link liberally — it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. ****
6. Don’t give up - persistance is fertile. **
7. Give link credit where credit is due.***
8. Follow your own path. Do anything you want to, it’s your blog. **
9. Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can blog today. Backlogs are the primary cause of Bloggers’ Block.*
10. Don’t be afraid of giving an honest opinion when you post, even if it is different from most others, as long as you can explain your position and give a decent reason for it. *11. Blog every day. It gives the writing muscle exercise.
Blog everyday ..... unless you can't ..... or unless you feel a little tense .... it's designed to be fun not work.
But then I just went with my original thought.
Because maybe I'm overly obsessive about this, (surely not - little old stress-free me?), but I think regular blogging does help you find not only a voice, but it really helps to make you more observant and think more about what you do, what you are and what's happening around you.
Anyway: Link to other people.
The N&C Bloggers: Rich, Tara, Ben, Mikey, Stu.
& blogging friends: Pete, Jez, Ben, Gary,
That will do.
Normal (meme-less) service will be resumed tomorrow.