Friday, January 11, 2008

Paul Grist interview @ FPI


The lovely Paul Grist has a nice interview by Matthew Badham over at the FPI weblog here.

Most interesting bit - or the most scary bit really:
I went and printed out… I think I ended up printing 3000 copies of the first issue. Then I decided to try and sell them. That was a matter of sending out a sample copy to all the comic shops in the UK and selling it directly to them. And from that I found that, out of the hundreds of comic shops in the UK, there were about 15 willing to sell something like that.

What you do is you find the shops that are going to support you. The shops that have people there that will work at building up sales and show an interest in what you’re doing, rather than just being one more comic that they can have that week.

That would be me and Nostalgia & Comics then. But that's just bloody scary - about 15? Actually it's not scary, just sadly realistic.

(Thanks to Joe for the mention as well, but I hasten to add my questions were rushed, short, crap and crap, Matthew made a silk purse out of the sow's ear with them and added them to his much bigger and more impressive list of questions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment