Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Black Dog - It just gets worse. And worse. And worse.


The last post was written mid afternoon, when I was home from work and the drain/plumber types were packing up.
I went back to school, came home, poked around the hole they'd left in the wall some, which doesn't seem to leak when we fucking well want it to. That would be far to bloody easy after all.
Drop Molly off at trampolining, come home, meet Louise, we go out to look at the wall.

In the dusk light it becomes shockingly, horribly awful that it's a much bigger problem than we thought. There's a huge wet patch on the bricks around the shower pipe.

This is now into worst case scenario.
We're out of the 2 year builder guarantee and covered in years 3-10 by the NHBC who don't do pipework problems. We still can't get in touch with the builder over this and no doubt he'll tell us it's nothing to do with him anymore now the first 2 years of the NHBC guarantee is up.
So now we've got a leak somewhere that's obviously going down the outer brick layer of the bloody wall. And it's been doing that for ? God only knows.

Frankly we're at the no idea what to do stage. And I'm just in the life's unfair, really, really, really depressed stage. I just can't see a way out of this that doesn't involve ripping the bathroom out or ripping the ceiling below out or ripping the wall to bits. Or a combination of the three.
And none of those come cheap either.

I don't know what to do. Don't know who to call. Don't know how we're going to fix this.
It's certainly not looking great. I'm feeling sick with worry all of the time now. It's like someone continually gut punching me. Nothing can bring me out of the mood and it's all I can do to plaster on a happy face for Molly's sake. If I could, right now, I'd just get rid of the bloody house altogether.
So much for moving up to Yorkshire and enjoying a peaceful, stress free and calm life. Nothing right now could be further from that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment