Saturday, May 24, 2008

Why do they recommend Vista?

Stupidly tonight I was having a quick look at the RM education site as it seems we're having our Learning Platform from them. What's a learning platform? Well, that's the tricky one really. Let's just say it's taking an educational network from the physical domain of the school and putting it online, accesible from school and home by pupils, parents and staff.
Or at least that's my take on it.
We're meant to be getting ours at some point.
That will be fun.

Anyway, I was browsing the RM site and this caught my eye:
RM recommends Windows Vista™ Business

But surely they don't? Really? Everyone I've ever talked to in ICT has nothing but crap to say about Vista. Everyone seems to agree that it's a backward step and we'll all be glad to see the back of it when the next operating system comes along in 2010.
But if everyone knows about it, why do they keep saying otherwise?
Oh, wait a moment. Sorry. My stupid. They're companies. And as such they are lying, cheating, money grabbing bastards who would say the sky was red with yellow dots if someone paid them enough to do it.

Just once though I'd love to see a site with a recommendation that Vista sucks big time and to stick with XP, go Linux or buy a Mac.

1 comment:

  1. I think you misunderstand as i read it as "RM recommends Windows Vista™ Business" when you buy a version of vista aka don't buy many different versions of vista..

    Regards
    Russell Dyas
    http://www.russdev.com/wp-blog

    ReplyDelete