Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas seems to have begun.....

The school work eases somewhat, so all I can actually do is either the website or physical end of term stuff I have to be in school for. And I've already decided that I'm doing absolutely fuck all with the website until thje new year. It will be my project for Spring.

This means that all I had to do tonight was reviewing and blogging and listening to Leonard Cohen. (The X-Factor is definitely good for something then - made me download his best of.)

It also meant that at half eleven, having finished a review I realised i had nothing left to do tonight except read graphic novels and loaf around. Of course, I could have gone to bed, but that's hardly my way is it? Instead I took myself downstairs with a drink, fired up the eeepc, put the Battlestar Galactica season 4 dvd in the player and relaxed, for what seems like the first time in a long time.

Sure, the roof is still leaking. Exccept it's been mercifully dry these past couple of days and Louise has been pushing the NHBC to get something done with it before Christmas rather than after. Sure, the server at work is playing up slightly and screwed up the backups today. Sure, I've got three and a half days to get a couple of weeks worth of stuff done. Sure, the review shelf is creaking under the weight of books crying out for review. But there's a lightness of spirit about me tonight that I rather like.

Back to Battlestar Galactica. I've got season 4 on the list at Love film. DVD 2, episodes 2-5. All I have to do tonight is exercise a little self-restraint and stop watching before I stay up too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment