Monday, June 15, 2009

Ipod A-Z - the adventure is over......

Ipod A-Z was an idea I had a long time ago now to listen to every bit of music on my ipod from A to Z. The reasoning behind this was to properly listen to everything I own rather than doing what I all too often do and just go for whatever is currently floating my boat or some old favourites. This way I figured I'd rediscover some old faves I hadn't played for a long time and also discover that there was some stuff on the ipod that I just didn't want anymore.

Well, I started it in August (here) and I've just finished it. 10 months it's taken me. And it's been a massive success. I've listened to loads of stuff that I hadn't played for the longest time, thoroughly enjoyed myself and managed to free up quite a bit of space by cutting out quite a lot of music that I just don't like anymore or by trimming the filler tracks from albums.

The only problem I have now is what I'm going to listen to tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I remember you mentioning this before. I really like the idea of doing it, but god knows how long it would take. I'm tempted to do it by album title rather than artist, then I'd get a bit more variety along the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. told ya, try out some of those Pink Martini albums I told you about, terrific stuff!

    ReplyDelete