Thursday, July 02, 2009

Sports Day - competitive and fun....

This week was Molly's Sports Day. Thankfully her school still has a (very) competitive but still loads of fun Sports Day. I pity those poor souls whose children have those horrible non-competitive things. Takes all the fun out of it.

Molly had a great time, lots of fun and came 2nd, 2nd and 4th in the sack race, obstacle race and running respectively. And her team not only won the relay but managed to win the Sports Cup as well. A big event and the children even got to do a lap of honour.









And then to cap it all - the parents races. Not every school does this for fear of being sued by a moron who twists their ankle or something similar. But not only did ours do one - I actually took myself to the start line much to Molly's great pride. I haven't run for years properly; my ankle and right knee can't really cope with it. But 100m later I came a stunning:



Got a sticker and everything. The winner was the football coach. Which may be seen as cheating until you realise that the football coach is at least 50. But I was very pleased with the 3rd. And Molly was ecstatic. A lovely way to make my lovely girl proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment