Sunday, December 27, 2009

Richard's Best Of Year CD 2009

Every year, since 2004, I've done an annual Best Of Year CD. Not what was best in the stuff released in the year, but a selection of what I had the most enjoyment from during the year. It may be new stuff, it may be old songs that I know and love or it could just be something from the past that I've just discovered.
This year:

Sesame Street / Oscar The Grouch: I Hate Christmas
Mumford & Sons: Sigh No More
Carter USM: After The Watershed
The Dresden Dolls: Dear Jenny
La Roux: Bulletproof
Depeche Mode: The Meaning Of Love (Fairly Odd Mix)
Little Boots: New In Town
The Clash: Guns Of Brixton
The Good, The Bad & The Queen: The Good, The Bad & The Queen
Billy Bragg & The Young Coppers (with Eliza Carthy & Simon Emmerson): Hard Times Of England Retold
The Wonderstuff: Inertia
Roxy Music: Out Of The Blue
Lily Allen: Everyone’s At It
Leonard Cohen: ‘Aint No Cure For Love
Sheila Chandra & John Cooper: ‘Ouses, ‘Ouses, ‘Ouses
The Gloworms/Tiger Moth: Kit Whites/Sloe On The Uptake

And it seems I didn't do a blog pot for the 2008 best of year cd. How crap am I?

Amanda Palmer: Astronaut
Solange: I Decided (Part II)
Jonathan Rice: We're All Stuck Out In The Desert
The Long Blondes: Century
Roxy Music: Pyjamarama
Ladytron: Ghosts
Duran Duran: The Valley
Crystal Castles: Alice Practice
Bellowhead: Rambling Sailor
Lloyd Cole & The Commotions: Rattlesnakes
The Waterboys: Some Of My Best Friends Are Trains
The Supremes: The Happening
Dresden Dolls: Girl Anachronism
Santagold: L.E.S. Artistes
Scritti Politti: Absolute
Elbow: On A Day Like This
Tom Waits: Silent Night (Christmas Card From Hooker In Minneapolis)

No comments:

Post a Comment