Wednesday, May 18, 2011

McFly

Oh boy, just a touch late writing this - it's mid May now? How the hell did that happen. Track all the way back to early April......





We had planned it all really well, McFly were playing Nottingham on a Saturday night - we could head down, stay overnight at friends, have a lovely weekend and Molly would have a great, great time.

Well, that little play got rather messed up when one of the lovely boys (Dougie I'm reliably informed) puts himself into The Priory. And the rescheduled dates aren't quite so convenient.

It's a Wednesday afternoon, Molly, Louise and I all rush home, get changed, pile into the car, drive the hundred-ish miles south to Nottingham, park up, get something to eat and head off to the gig. Well, Molly and Louise headed off to the gig, I was ducking out.... I'm not averse to McFly, they're actually pretty good at what they do, but I'm not that big a fan.

Molly, on the other hand, is that big a fan. Huge fan. Huge, huge fan. I don't think I've ever seen her quite so excited as when she got to the venue. I dropped them off and headed to the Broadway cinema complex for a coffee, a non alcoholic beer or two and writing, writing, writing.

Meanwhile McFly were turning a midweek school night into one of the best nights of Molly's life. Or at least that's what it seemed like when I met them 3 hours later.

Tired, but happy, the Bruton family drove home, thoroughly entertained by a great band. Cheers boys, you made Molly's year.

No comments:

Post a Comment