Thursday, June 08, 2006

And just when you thought the world couldn't get any stupider..

Blogger server was down for ages tonight, so no new posts.
Did you miss me?

Just time to quickly recount a little bit of madness that happened earlier before I collapse into my bed.....

Trying to do the online Tesco shop tonight.
Finish the order and get through to the payment screen as usual.
But notice that they've put some extra security measures in.
Including asking for my security number on the back of the card.

Never mind thinks I, my Tesco Clubcard Plus that I always pay for the shopping with was issued to me in 2003 and never had a security number.
So I ignore it and hit confirm, figuring that Tesco would be aware that their own payment cards aren't kitted out this way.

Big red letter error screen.
Security Code compulsary.

Phone up helpline. No help.
They transfer me to technical services, who confirm that:

1. I do need a security code.
2. Like I thought, a Clubcardard Plus card issued back then certainly wouldn't have security numbers on the back
3. Yes, it is a little stupid that Clubcard Plus cards issued by Tesco can't be used on Tesco's website. (Well, he didn't exactly say that, but you could tell in his voice he was sick of getting this type of call and wished he could get hold of the moron who decided it was okay to implement this little upgrade.)

Ho hum. Off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment