Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day is a strange thing. When I was a child (25-30 years ago) it didn't really exist. I certainly can't remember celebrating it at all but maybe that was our family?

Now I'm a father myself, it all takes on much greater importance. Perhaps it's the whole being a new dad thing or perhaps it's having a daughter, I don't know, but Father's Day is a very important day in our house.

This morning I was woken up at 7am by my very excited little girl clutching a bag of goodies for me. I got a lovely photo holder chosen by Molly and a couple of nice techie things suggested to Louise by me- a SIM card reader and a new SD card reader for the computer. But the best surprise was the huge coffee cake that was awaiting me in the fridge!

Then off to Summerfield Park for a run around followed by a quick trip to Tesco to pick up essentials & finished the afternoon off at the Botanical Gardens. Perfect day really, nearly made extra special by watching Australia narrowly failing to hold Brazil to a draw.

Without getting too mushy or silly, it's days like this that make me realise yet again, exactly what I'm here for. 6 years down, many more to go and I intend to enjoy it every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment