Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Late night posting

Louise pointed out one thing last night - all these posts put up at very late hours do give one thing away. My sleep patterns are seriously messed up.

I've always been a night person, ever since my teenage years. Throughout school and university I always found myself getting inspiration anytime after 9 o'clock. I would regularly pull all-nighters to get work done and this eventually led me to get into the habit of working from 10 at night through till 4 or 5 in the morning. Then I'd catch a few hours sleep, often fall asleep in morning lectures and hit the labs in the afternoon. By the time I got home from the library at 7 I was wiped, but somehow got myself back up to work through the night again.

Of course, as soon as the need to get up for lectures went I practically turned nocturnal.
This continues even now. My internal body clock is very wrong. I'm terrible in a morning, it's always a real fight to get up every morning. And usually by early evening I'm exhausted. But then by about 10/11 at night I wake up and start to get creative and full of energy to do lots of work. I really have to force myself to go to bed before 1am.

Which is why I'm up at this hour, writing about why I'm up at this hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment