Monday, September 18, 2006

What's happened to late night TV?

As a fairly nocturnal person, I've ended up watching a great deal of late night TV over the years.
But can anyone explain to me what the hell has gone on with ITV after midnight? I know it was never the best time to find great programming but now, every single bloody night ITV turns into something called ITV Play.

Where a few vacuous presenters cadge money from idiots through premium rate phonelines as they try to answer the world's stupidest quiz questions.
Example: tonight's quiz demands the answer to the Mensa level question.
Can you suggest a word to make a phrase out of this; Red _________
You, like I, can probably not stop suitable phrases tripping from the mind. But not the caller. 30 seconds and the only word I could make out was eeeerrmmmm. Which isn't really a word, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Bring back Prisoner Cell Block H. Now there was the sort of intellectual entertainment ITV used to put on at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment