Monday, April 23, 2007

25 years ago? How is that possible?

God I feel old.
Actually I feel sad and old.
The ZX Spectrum is 25 today. (via)

This means that sometime, approximately 24 ish years ago I got my very first computer. Sadly I have just spent half an hour perusing the game files with the enthusiasm of a 12 year old with a new computer shouting with glee: had that one, had that one, got that on copy, that was crap, had that one.
Titles like Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Trans Am, Penetrator (no, really - space ship in caves - honest), Codename Mat, Psst, Jetpac and so many more.
This is one of those times when I'm glad I don't have broadband, because if I had I'd be writing this at least 4 hours later telling you it was the Spectrum's birthday yesterday and I've just downloaded an emulator and 20 games and have been playing them for the last four hours.
Although, there is tomorrow at work.......

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:13 PM

    Would it be naughty to tell you that you don't need broadband? The emulators are small, and the games even smaller. They're only a few kb remember, so they download in a trice even on the slowest modem.

    Go to World Of Spectrum. Go now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you devilish tempter.
    I safely avoid the temptation all day at work to download them and then come home to get this comment.
    And I've still managed to resist temptation...... so far

    ReplyDelete