Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day


Molly and I were talking the other day and I realised an unbelievable thing:
No matter how long I live, no matter what I do, I will never love anyone or anything as much as I love my daughter.

And today was the day where that simple idea was perfectly realised. Today was my favourite day of the year, today was Daddy's Day. (We've always called it that and it's stuck).

Today was the day where I got to have a great time enjoying just how much my daughter loves me. It was absolutely wonderful.
Of course; i knew everything i was getting; Molly's always been awful at keeping presents secret. In the Co-Op the other day she pointedly stood by the father's Day display and asked me if i thought the big chocolate "Best Daddy" medal looked tasty. Surprise, surprise, i was wearing it at 8am this morning.
Or when she and Louise were in the kitchen the other day making stuff and she comes out looking all worried and asks me whether I'd use a saucer if I had one. That's my new coffee cup (& saucer) then.
Other treats included: more chocolate, a clay model of me - big smile and spiky hair, an "I Love You Daddy" clay stonecuddling up on the sofa this afternoon to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 1, pizza tea (chosen by Molly, because "it's daddy's favourite tea") and then finally cuddling up on the sofa again to watch tonight's great Doctor Who.

A very good day. And a very loved Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment