Monday, June 09, 2008

We do live in a parallel universe after all......

Warren Ellis seems to do nothing but sit on top of the Internet and pick disturbing sexual deviancy and stunning scientific facts to share with us. This definitely falls into the science section.

Our Universe may have effectively bubbled off from a pre-existing parent universe. This makes the Big Bang event from our side seem more like a small parp on the mommy universe side. And as fascinating as that is, this is better; it seems possible that every child universe appears fully formed, blinking into it's new light.

It's obviously more than this and makes absolutely fascinating reading:
Warren Ellis - Every Single Day.
BBC article - Hints Of Time Before The Big Bang.

Sadly, no matter how mind bendingly interesting this is, there's far too much of the science fiction reading, comic loving individual inside me. The scientists tell me that there are a series of parallel universes and what do I think of?

Captain Britain and the multiverse. Granted, this may well be because I just wrote the article on the good Captain and I'm still basking in the nostalgic glow of reading through the collected Captain Britain. Or it could be a very disturbing sign of inherent madness.

Then again, I bet a lot of you thought of Crisis On Infinite Earths didn't you?

1 comment:

  1. I thought of Mike Moorcock. Does that make me a bad person?

    ReplyDelete