Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Redecorating the blog

I really must stop doing this. Every so often I'll look at the blog and feel like it needs a bit of a redesign. Of course, this is because I'm bored of it. I imagine most readers are just there to read the thing and don't, in all honesty, give a rat's ass about what it looks like as long as the text is legible. I'm also well aware that most folks nowadays are reading blogs and feeds via Google Reader or Bloglines or some similar feed reader. Which means none of that careful design and formatting gets picked up anyway.

But anyway, I was looking at it and decided it was time for a change. Usually this just means a bit of messing with layouts and colours, but this time I made the mistake of looking at new templates. Four hours later I'm happy with how it looks with it's new clothes on. As is always the way with these things, the little things took the longest time. But I like it. It's stripped down and simple, clean and easy on the eye (or at least that's what I think)

I did remember this time to take a couple of careful backups of the previous template which means, in theory, I can jump back to it in a while when I get fed up with this look.

Any problems with it? Like it / Hate it? Comments, Twitter & E-mail is there for your pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment