Saturday, August 09, 2008

Wall-E

Molly and I went along to see this earlier in the week and it really was everything I was hoping for. I'd already had my hopes raised by Mark Kermode comparing it favourably to Silent Running, one of my favourite films. And I was not disappointed. A really great movie that had me nearly blubbing at times.

And I came out of it really hopeful and I could genuinely see, in years to come, a generation of children growing up and being more profoundly affected by this than anything else. I'd guess that this would be more effective in the long term than Al Gore's documentary on getting a future genration engaged and active in working on environmental issues. Or am I merely being far too idealistic and hopeful?

But a very good movie, for grown ups and adults alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment