Monday, September 08, 2008

Busy weekend doing nothing?

Well, up here in Yorkshire we've had pretty much the same weekend as everyone else; biblical type rain and nothing else. This, together with Louise not being very well has meant an indoors weekend, recharging batteries.

This is good and bad. Good because we all felt exhausted after the first week back at school and bad because I'm physically incapable of actually sitting still at the moment.

I'm still plowing my way through the review shelf. Although after a very good week of 8 reviews in 7 days, there's only 14 things left to be reviewed now. Not that I'll ever get the review shelf down to nothing, as there's new stuff coming in all the time. Just this week saw a few new books come in the post to be reviewed; Paul Gravett's new book and two from Jonathan Cape; Gentleman Jim and the Essential Dykes To Watch Out For. All three look very good indeed and I'm looking forward to sitting down and reading them.

On top of this a very busy few days at work has meant I'm behind with getting lesson prep done and really needed to sit down and spend a few hours on Sunday getting it sorted otherwise the entire week at work was going to consist of a lot of lessons done on the fly and I don't like doing that too much.

So while Louise and Molly chilled, I was beavering away upstairs. One day I shall rest, but no time yet it seems. However, even with all this activity my anxiety seems to be on it's way down. The current plan of action (oh, how I love my plans) is to keep going for the next week with schoolwork and reviewing. Get the review shelf down to a couple of books and then settle back into a cycle of 1 or 2 a week. Get the school work back under control and keep it there. Then I shall have a week off, sort out the sleep and start relaxing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment