Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday morning, making the best of a church related free morning....and avoiding work

Molly and Louise have pootled off to church for a holy communion thing. Which, as far as I can work out, is rather important. All I know is that I'm having to cut short my weekend at the Birmingham Comic Show to make it back for the service of the Sunday morning. I did suggest to Louise that we might try asking Father to change it, but she gave me one of her best Paddington stares and I decided it was time to be quiet about it, cancel the second night at the hotel and resign myself to Saturday night at the Comics Show without drink faced with a midnight drive home. No fair.

Although out of interest I did just wiki First Communion. Blah, blah, blah. Ceremony, white dress, gifts of money. Heh, gifts of money. This sounds good.
Oh, wait. They mean money to Molly. Damn.

But the reason I'm writing this is pure avoidance to be honest.

I've got the choice between trying to construct a damnably clever comprehension piece or 3 on Henry VIII for the pupils to alter, correct, cut/paste, find/replace etc for ICT or doing reviews. Normally this would be a no-brainer and I'd be into the reviews but I've got three partial reviews on the go of three great books. But not one of the three is an easy review, not one is doing the nice, polite thing and writing itself. And frankly I'm stuck. So I shalll prevaricate until Louise and Molly return by doing all sorts of other things. Blog posting, cleaning, shower, tidy room, catalogue room, sort out something, that sort of thing.

Got to go, I see a box of staples that needs sorting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment