Thursday, November 27, 2008

Another learning platform training day, another all day headache.....

Today was Learning Platform training day 2.

Oh it was such fun. Or maybe not. We at least got to have a play this time and discovered what we had thought all along. It may be functionally quite easy to use, but the sheer scale of administering the Learning Platform and all of the users on it is massive. Cue headache.

Not made any better by being in a room almost guaranteed to make me ill. Small, cramped, full of noisy computers. Too hot with the windows closed. Freezing with fans on and windows open. Hot, cold, tired, bored, hot, cold, bored, tired, headache, headache, headache, headache......

The only good thing about it was realising I don't actually have to even think about it until January again now. Have lots and lots and lots of other things to be getting on with. The funniest thing is that I know I haven't got a hope in hell of getting it sorted properly given the amount of time I would need to spend on it. But I also know that I'm much better off for available time than any of the teachers who were there at the meeting today.

The Learning Platform. It may or may not be a good idea. But it's most certainly not been thought out properly. We get told that it's at least 3-4 hours administration work a week and they wonder why we're all slightly reluctant to play along. Oh, wait. Hold on. I've just realised, I actually loaf off at work for 3 hours each week. I just pretend to be busy. Of course I'll have the time spare to do the LP admin.

No, no, no, no, no, no.
Headache, headache, headache.....

No comments:

Post a Comment