Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Miley Cyrus - money, money, money...... how bloody much for a ticket now????


Molly loves Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus. We tolerate it. But we're good parents and always said we'd think about taking her to see the Smily Virus (as Mark Kermode put it once) when she tours the UK.

Well, maybe not. The ticket prices to see her at the LG Arena Birmingham are £49.50 and a whopping £6.25 Service Charge. (and when did the National Exhibition Centre; The NEC, become the bloody LG Arena?). So that would be £167.25 to see about 2 hours of Miley Cyrus. I don't think so.

When did tickets suddenly become so ridiculously expensive? I was starting to rant against the hideous corporate greed involved in getting young children to pester their parents for incredibly expensive tickets. But then I looked on the NEC website and saw that £50 is pretty much about right now for the NEC. I promised myself years ago I'd never go there again to see bands play to bad sound whilst sitting in horrible seats and having no visibility. Looks like I'll be keeping that particular promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment