Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Oh Joy It's a Royal Wedding

Halfway through the day - Louise emails me, obviously hugely excited with the Royal Wedding news - she's such an impossible Royalist you wouldn't believe.

I, like so many voices I've heard today, really could not give a toss. The only thing that really annoys is that I know exactly who's going to end up paying for the damn thing. Me. And unless they shut the schools for it and I get a day off then I really don't even need to think about it.

But what absolutely amazed me about the whole thing was this BBC News article:

"Prime Minister David Cameron said the engagement marked "a great day for our country" and wished the couple a long and happy life together.He said he had received the news in a call from Buckingham Palace during a cabinet meeting, and it was greeted with "a great cheer" and "banging of the table" from fellow ministers.
He had slept overnight on the Mall ahead of Diana and Charles' wedding, he added."
So, there's two very rant worthy images:

One of the cabinet doing their best "hah, hah, hah, we're going to smash the oiks, what ho jeeves, bring me my morning prostitute and quail's egg". Tossers.

And the other one - wanker cameron was camped out on the Mall when he was 15.
FIFTEEN.
Useless, upper class, knob.
I know I'd have used the royal wedding as an EXCUSE to stay out all night when I was 15, but there's no way I'd have actually gone to the bloody thing.

Now, off to watch the news. Oh wait, it's full of Royal correspondents trying to outdo themselves over who can be more sycophantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment