Thursday, June 01, 2006

New Book time (and about time)

Like I said a while ago, I'm a voracious reader and it's very rare I don't have a book on the go. The fun comes when it's time to choose the next book to be read. There are far too many on the shelf demanding my attention, mostly Christmas & Birthday presents, some bargains, some recommended, some I just fancied the sound of.

So it was a shock to see it had taken me several days to get around to picking a new one. I blame a combination of late nights, lack of sleep and not having 28 hours in the day.
But the choice has been made........

Mobius Dick by Andrew Crumey.

The synopsis from the Amazon.co.uk listing goes thus:

A tale of mobile phones, quantum chaos, music, madness, love...and whales In MOBIUS DICK, physicist John Ringer, receives a mysterious text message that triggers an investigation into the development of new mobile phone technology in a research facility outside a remote Scottish village. Already the world is becoming a very different place: amnesia, telepathy, false memory and inexplicable coincidences all seem to be occurring more frequently with humorous, brain teasing results. Could quantum experiments have caused the collapse of our universe's space-time continuum? Could the multi layered text we are reading come from another world altogether?

Join me later on this month to find out if it's any good. (oh the excitement!)

No comments:

Post a Comment