Sunday, July 23, 2006

Thai Orchid - warning, bring water!

Went out for a very nice meal after work at Nostalgia on Saturday to the Thai Orchid, a Thai restaurant in the city centre. Lovely meal, but not one for those who don't like their food spicy. There were moments when we genuinely thought Dave was going to either pass out or explode.

Which brings up an interesting meta-weblogging question. I'm sitting her on Sunday night blogging about going out for a meal last night, but I know two of the people who were at the meal will, at some point, be reading this. Do I adopt pally demenour and talk directly to them or do I do detatched reportage as if I didn't know they were reading it?
Or do I just stumble through and play it by ear? Sod it. Play it by ear it is.

(Hi Dave, Hi Rich)

The earlier part of Saturday was spent in gainful employment at Nostalgia & Comics in Birmingham.
For those who don't know, I have (at the age of 35) a Saturday job.
Worse, it's the same Saturday job I've had since I was 16.
But it's not really a Saturday job, it's more a hobby and a chance to spend time with friends. Of course it's work and we all work very hard to make it the best shop we possibly can and we're all very proud of Nostalgia & Comics.

(I must get around to doing a rough history of Nostalgia & Comics and my employment there at some point but not now, i's late and I'm dog tired.)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:02 AM

    Hahaha! Wait. Lemme see if I've got this straight. You're sitting down to dinner with your laptop on the table blogging about the dinner and two of the people eating dinner with you are READING about the dinner that you're sitting at ON YOUR BLOG!!!???

    Holy disconnect, Batman, it's time to put the laptop away and communicate in real time to real people, don'tcha think? You know, the 'season for a things' thing!?

    Funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, but a slight misunderstanding here.
    I'm not so sad as to blog in front of folks (blogging is another one of those activities best done in private) and the meal happened Saturday night whilst I wrote this on Sunday.
    I've gone back and edited it slightly to make more sense.

    However, one thing that I find does happen is that my mind slips into blog mode very easily and I'll often think to myself "that would make a good blog post"

    sad. i know.

    ReplyDelete