Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mangaphobia

Paul Gravett has posted this great article on his website:

Mangaphobia: Manga for people who hate manga

This sort of includes me as well.
Although I certainly don't hate manga, I haven't read as much of it as I'd have liked to. But time, as ever, is against me. There's isn't enough time to read all the things I want to at the moment and putting a completely new selection of manga titles in the mix as well would probably tip me over the edge completely.

Sure, I've read Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Adolf, 2001 Nights and thought them all great, but I just don't have the time to read more than I do and manga gets relegated to the position of "I would if I had more time".

So, unless someone comes up with a 28 hour day or a way for me to survive on less sleep than I already do I think I'll just rely on Nostalgia & Comics' resident Manga-phile Cat to point me in the right direction of a few books. After all, one should really make an effort to keep up with what the kids are reading nowadays!

No comments:

Post a Comment