Sunday, September 09, 2007

Civil War #1 - best comic of 2007
Welcome to the Harvey Awards.......

Exhibit A) Civil War # 1 - Comic of the Year?

According to the Harvey Awards, the annual industry awards given out by comic pros named in honour of the great Harvey Kurtzman, the best comic book 2007 was Civil War # 1
I know the Harvey's are traditionally more conservative than the recent Eisners, but Civil War#1, best comic of the year? Best? Of the whole year?

As far as I know it wasn't even the best superhero comic of the year, never mind the best comic of the year. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad Harvey's not with us anymore, this would have been too much to bear.

Exhibit B) MAD Magazine by Harvey Kurtzman et al.

Newsarama has the full list here. (cheers to Joe for the link)

No comments:

Post a Comment