Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Thatcher, Thatcher, 30 years ago the other day.....

30 years ago yesterday and that evil woman took power. Most people who know me will know I don't hold much warmth in my heart towards her. Which is fitting because there's not much warmth in her heart and I don't believe there ever has been. I'm one of Thatcher's children, coming out of education just as her bizarre plan to completely screw up the country was in full effect.

"Where there is discord, may we bring harmony.
Where there is error, may we bring truth.
Where there is doubt, may we bring faith.
And where there is despair, may we bring hope."

All lies. All terrible lies. And now I have to live in Thatcher's legacy watching a Labour government who not only have politics to match some of Thatcher's worst, but see her as someone to be admired and invited round for tea.

It's been long enough. The last few years have given us some entertainment on her behalf but it's time. It's past time. Can she hurry up and give us the street party we all deserve please.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more.

    I hope when she dies the state doesn't pay a penny for the funeral. It should all be paid for by advertising. It's what she would have wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should just all have a big party and charge admission to pay for it. I'd pay for the opportunity to dance on her grave although I'm more than willing to do it for free.

    But the idea of a state funeral for her is a disgrace.

    ReplyDelete