Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to me .......



Woken up this morning by extremely happy and excitable child, bouncing on the bed with a big bag of goodies. We had hand made stickers, badges, a beautiful new #1 daddy mug and two beautiful cards with incredibly sugar coated words inside.

Exactly the sort of wonderful stuff I was looking forward to today. It may well be one of my favourite days of the year. Molly really is the best present any father could wish for. Every year I get scared that this will be the year she finally grows up and doesn't really need me as much and each year I realise I'm just being stupid and as long as I do the job right the position of Daddy is something that will continue for as long as I'm breathing.

Being Daddy is my favourite thing in the entire world. When it happened I was amazed at how much fun and how great it was. And every day since then I've always had something happen with Molly that makes me just glad to be alive and doubly glad to have someone call me Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment