Friday, July 04, 2008

That Petrol Emotion, reforming and touring. 2008 gets better and better

A while ago I gushed (there's really no other word for it) about one of my all time favourite bands getting back together and the prospect of new material and gigs.

Like I've said before, That Petrol Emotion were not only my first ever gig but also, a few years later, one of my favourites. Playing the Hummingbird in Birmingham in support of Iggy Pop and they quite honestly (in my biased little opinion) blew him off the stage. Cannot remember the year though, curse my failed memory.

But That Petrol Emotion are definitely back. And they're doing gigs. Small, secret gigs. Two of them before an Irish festival. Small, secret gigs that I can get to. Happy me. Ecstatic Me. Giddy as a schoolgirl me.

Have a video of them rehearsing. Older. but still makes me feel like I'm 16 again.

So that's Carter (with extra EMF thrown in as well!) and That Petrol Emotion. All we need is Kurt Ralske to tour as Ultra Vivid Scene again and Richard Kirk and Stephen Mallinder to get together and tour with Cabaret Voltaire material from the early 80s Sensoria era. Then my year would be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment